Dining Table Paint Inspiration

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

A thing that happens when you like painting furniture is that your friends start giving you things they don't want. I am always excited when someone says, "I have this table/desk/dresser you might want..." My friend Erin inherited a dining table she couldn't really use so when she asked if I wanted it I said "Yes, please!" because I hoard furniture but also because I really like the style.

It's a Duncan Phyfe reproduction (I assume I didn't land a $2000 original) and it's in great condition, except that I don't really like the very cherry finish. I've been looking at different options for painting and refinishing.

Here's my favorite option so far.

Via
But I like these ones too.
Via
Via
Via
I want to use it in my own dining room because the table I have now only sits six, but this one has two leaves and can sit eight to ten. Bring on the dinner parties.

I also have eight of these Thomasville French chairs that I scored on craigslist for super cheap.
I'm super excited to try my hand at reupholstering them. I even have a mid century modern buffet in my garage waiting to be painted. I'll have a whole new dining room if I can just make up my mind and get started~hopefully tomorrow.



4 Responses to “Dining Table Paint Inspiration”

  1. The black or blue one is my vote

    ReplyDelete
  2. The black or blue one is my vote

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see the results!! We are currently looking for a new dining table.. I like the color of this one,https://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/category/products.jsp?link=RailroadTieRectangularTable&categoryId=cat1760176 but am not sure how to grey wash it correctly if I find one that i want to redo.. I also need something that can get real use, and is not the same price range that RH is. This table is so pretty.. http://www.debunkify.com/img/2014/1/captivating-farmhouse-table-legs-wire-table-legs-antique-farm-table-french-table-legs.jpg

    ReplyDelete

Now you say something!

 

Copyright © Barnaclebutt | Premade Blog Design by Lilipop Designs